Don’t miss our exciting 2-day Workshop covering Studio Portrait Photography, Illustration & Linocut printmaking.
Open to all Grade 10 – 12 learners.
When: Sat 7 – Sun 8 October 2023
Where: CTCA campus, Silo 5, 2nd Floor, Silo District, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Only R550 – this fee includes all material and a gift bag.
Please note your booking is final and the workshop fee is not refundable.
Day 1 Studio Portrait Photography
We start off with a hands-on Studio photography workshop. You will learn the basics of studio ‘strobe flash’ photography and go on to create stunning portraits using different lighting set-ups.
Your images will be used in a print-making activity the following day.
At the end of day 1 you’ll have:
– Knowledge of Studio Photography, Strobe flashes & Safety on set
– Produced a portrait of a peer and/or self-portrait using a provided lighting set-up
– Learned about differences between strobe flash and natural light photography.
Day 2 09:30 – 12:00 / Drawing & Design
Using the portraits from the previous day’s session, you will create a drawing from the photograph(s).
You will learn to draw in a way that works well for the graphic nature of lino-cut printmaking.
12:30 – 4:30 / Linocut printmaking
Transfer your drawings from the morning session to linocut. You are guided through the process, from cutting, inking and finally printmaking.
Print your unique design onto notebooks, paper, t-shirts or tote bags!
At the end of day 2 you’ll have learnt:
– How to create a graphic drawing for linocut
– Which tools & materials can be used to create a linocut
– and Produced a finished linocut print that can be framed for your home.
Book now, spaces are limited! Upload POP to the registration form and use your name as a reference.