What is Service Design?
Service Design involves practical, creative and collaborative approaches to developing new or improved services
Service Design empowers you to:
– Improve efficiency, products, services, customer experience and profits
– Understand and apply Design Thinking –
Actively engage roleplayers to reach practical solutions
– Obtain an advantage in the new world of business
The course provides you with:
– Practical skills, templates and tools that you can use
Service Design develops:
-The ability to manage complex service needs, which involves the facilitation of people and the process of reaching practical solutions
Is this course for you?
This course is for anyone who wants to expose themselves to the fundamentals of Service Design in practice. From design practitioners to business owners and professionals in both the private and public sector.
- For those who want to use Service Design in practice
- Foster a different way of working within your organisation
- Service Design by its nature is multidisciplinary thus applicants from all areas of specialisation and management will benefit.
- Do you dare to challenge the status quo and push boundaries?
What to Expect
Both practical and creative approaches on how to design, plan and organise your business’s resources (people, props, and processes) in order to address and improve both the employee and customer’s experience.
The course will teach you the skills needed to develop empathy through research for your customer’s needs/wants and pain-points. How to use design thinking to solve these challenges through facilitation of multi-disciplinary teams and test your ideas through prototyping and assumptions. Using templates and tools, how to communicate the organizational processes required and build consensus for your service concept, turning it into reality.
Through a real-world project with the City Of Cape Town, you will be provided with comprehensive research to allow you to experience a project and how service design could impact the world around you.
On completion of the programme you will understand the key concepts of the Service Design Methodology and gain hands-on experience on how to apply various design thinking tools and methods. It will teach you how to align and optimise the operations to better support the customer journeys of a service and how to package your solutions for the market.
Be guided through the Service Design methodology by experts and engage with key mentors in the industry
• Engage with guest speakers on the topic of Service Design
• Create, build, prototype and package a Service Design concept
• Develop scenarios, storyboards, customer journey maps, and a practical service blueprint
• Rapidly prototype concepts in the real-world
• Think through the behavioral touchpoints of a concept, to support a comprehensive and purposeful brand experience
• Learn the basics on how to facilitate ideation sessions and workshops
Presented at the Creative Academy at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock.
Time: Every Tuesday evening from 18:00 – 20:30. 2 x 4 hr Saturday Sessions in
week 5 & 7
Duration: 9 Weeks
Date: 11 February 2020
Application deadline: 7 February 2020
Course fee: R14 999.00
*Scholarships and payment plan options available upon application
Request more information
Leave your details and one of our friendly staff members will contact you to answer any questions that you may have.