- Register for the competition on the Cape Town Creative Academy’s website creativeacademy.ac.za
- Follow @capetowncreativeacademy on Instagram.
- Tag us (@capetowncreativeacademy) on each image that you upload.
4. Tag your school.
5. Tag 3 friends
6. Upload 5 images (using carousel) on your personal Instagram account and add #ctcayoungcreatives23 in your caption. Number and title each artwork in the caption. Variations and details do not count as a new artwork.
- The artworks can be drawings, illustrations, paintings, photographs, product design, packaging design, corporate identity, 2D/3D/stop-motion animation projects, videos and digital designs, sculptural works, ceramic items or textile projects. (You may enter your existing Grade 12 artworks.) Only learners who are currently in Grade 12, or who were in Grade 12 in 2022 and are taking a gap year, are allowed to enter this competition.
- Kindly ensure that your account is set to ‘public’ for the duration of the competition.Please note that this competition is not sponsored by or associated with Instagram.
- RULES AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only learners who are currently in Grade 12, or who were in Grade 12 in 2022 and are taking a gap year, are allowed to enter this competition.
- Artworks must be uploaded by 31 July 2023 BEFORE 21:00. Artworks submitted after this deadline will not be accepted!
- All artworks submitted must be the entrant’s own original work.
- Plagiarised, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- In order to be considered for a bursary, you have to enter 5 artworks (use the Instagram carousel).
- Once your artworks have been submitted, you will not be able to modify them whatsoever.
- The Cape Town Creative Academy has the right to report any artworks that condone hate speech and propaganda of violence against race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Your artworks might be published on the Cape Town Creative Academy’s website and/or social media platforms, and might also be shown during specific exhibitions.
- No royalties will be paid in the framework of this competition.
- All entries are subject to a selection process. Works are judged individually based on concept, use of material, quality of craftsmanship and skill demonstrated. Bursary prizes will be awarded to individuals that show exceptional artistic talent and creative potential.
- The bursary shortlist will be published on the Cape Town Creative Academy’s website on 8 AUGUST.
- Shortlisted entrants for bursary prizes must be available for Skype/Google Meet/ Zoom interviews on 10 & 11 AUGUST.
- The bursary winners will be announced on the Cape Town Creative Academy’s website on 15 AUGUST.
- Bursaries may NOT be exchanged for cash, are not transferable and are only valid for the year 2024.
- It is at the sole discretion of the Cape Town Creative Academy to award study bursary prizes.
- The Cape Town Creative Academy’s decision on all matters pertaining to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Your Instagram account must be set to ‘public’ for the duration of the competition.